In today’s ever-changing social media landscape, ANDERSON recognized the importance of putting out content that would engage and enlighten—allowing the agency’s social media presence to thrive, not just survive. To achieve this, we took a deep dive into our social media history, revealing that our strategy had remained unchanged for over two years.
Our goals were very clear:
Stand out against competitors
Be more thoughtful with social media content and strategy
Create engaging content that shows off our client work while showing the human side of ANDERSON’s unique culture
Position ourselves as the go-to marketing experts by showcasing our skills, ongoing education efforts, and thought leadership
Create dynamic content for ourselves in the same way we do for our clients—while differentiating ANDERSON’s voice and social media presence from them
What We Did
In June 2018, the team launched a revised strategy with the goal of making the content showcase all aspects of the agency while emphasizing three key pillars: thought leadership, clients, and culture. These pillars were identified as differentiators that would position ANDERSON as a leader in our industry, and the team became committed to creating dynamic content that mirrors the quality of the work we provide to our clients.
Overall, we aligned and elevated our ideas with the following use cases in mind:
- A new business tool to show prospective clients that ANDERSON Advertising is the go-to marketing experts within this highly competitive industry
- A recruitment tool to showcase the work culture here at ANDERSON. We work hard and play hard and we are not afraid to show our authentic selves on social media.
- A marketing tool to show that we stay up to date with the latest trends and aren’t afraid to step outside of the box to try out new ones
Original video content is now a huge part of our posting cadence. By incorporating this dynamic element into our post strategy, we have been able to highlight everything from our expertise to our individual personalities. Video is a proven attention-grabber:
- Thought leadership posts perform the best when they are in video form
- Agency culture videos show our followers who ANDERSON really is—we are the literal faces of the brand and reels allow our authentic selves to shine on social media
- As of October 2023, our Instagram reels have an average video view rate of 34% compared to the industry average video view rate of 28%
Our social media team stays continuously up to date on the latest trends and we join in on them whenever possible:
- ANDERSON’s take on the Barbie movie trend became our top posts on Facebook and Instagram in 2023
- We jumped on the BamaTok trend at the right time and that became our most successful Instagram Reel and second-most successful post of 2023
Consistency is key. We now have an updated voice and tone that is leveraged across all channels as well as templated layouts, established brand colors, and a regimented posting schedule to push it all out. The use of dynamic content has also amped up the excitement factor and led to increased engagement in every platform.
RESULTS: JANUARY-JUNE 2023
(+3% PERIOD OVER PERIOD)
(+6% PERIOD OVER PERIOD)
(+35% PERIOD OVER PERIOD)
TOTAL ENGAGEMENT RATE
(+28% PERIOD OVER PERIOD)