In April, I attended the Second Wind Account Service Webinar where I gained some valuable insight into how to succeed in the Account Service space. Though many of the points discussed were things I had heard before, they were a good reminder and an explanation of how to apply some important tips.
Account Service Seminar Takeaways:
- Leadership + Strategy + building relationships = Account Service position
- Must live in the present, but also be able to consider how the decisions made now will impact the future.
- Be one step ahead of your clients—anticipate needs and offer advice.
- Good relationships are built on open communication.
- Client Interactions
- Reflect information back to your clients through acknowledgment, documentation, and touchpoints.
- Be prepared every time you have a client meeting: have background knowledge and questions prepared.
- Listen to the client to gauge your response.
- Get in front of clients regularly.
- Ask about your client’s upcoming needs.
- Managing Workflow
- Track projects daily to ensure they are moving through the pipeline.
- Adjust timelines as necessary or speak with the traffic manager for assistance.
- Time Tracking is Critical
- You cannot accurately gauge progress if time is not entered and tasks are not completed.
- Account service is a contact sport; be proactive, not reactive.
- Agencies need to take charge of their client relationships; get smart, offer ideas, and be one step ahead.
- Be accountable for your work and the agency’s as a whole.
- Don’t be afraid to address problems head-on. If you let them languish it will do more harm than good.
- You are the most vital link between the client and the agency.
- Always mind your clients’ best interests along with the agency’s. It is a delicate balance but vitally important to the success of both sides.
For more information on Second Wind, please visit their website here.