It’s no secret that social media is an integral part of our daily lives. From morning to evening, most of us are frequently checking in on social networks.
Everyone has experienced an endless scroll session at some point, whether it’s on Instagram, TikTok, or Twitter. Part of the goal of these outlets is to keep you engaged in content for long periods of time. With this in mind, integrating positive habits on social media can transform your outlook entirely!
It’s important to bring awareness to how you can positively use your time spent on social media. There are several ways to elevate your experience. Here are a few.
- Before opening your social media apps, create a goal or plan to avoid mindless scrolling.
- This offers a way to implement direction as you’re using social media
- Regularly take inventory of your feeds and accounts you’re interacting with.
- Get into the habit of routinely reviewing the accounts you follow and interact with so you’re truly seeing the content you’re most interested in
- Avoid scrolling through feeds just before sleeping and first thing in the morning.
- It can be tempting but try to opt for a different activity during these time frames
- Establish time boundaries for yourself on the platforms.
- This can help you avoid getting sucked into a time warp fueled by scrolling through your feeds
- Follow accounts you genuinely connect with.
- Following accounts that you relate to and connect with helps ensure that the type of content that will populate on your feed is curated to your interests and preferences
- “Favorite” desirable accounts on Instagram.
- The Favorites List on Instagram provides a way to curate a separate feed with accounts that users have favorited as a way to direct the content you’re viewing
You’re In Control.
As individuals, we have the power to create a positive space for ourselves and others on social media. So, let’s take charge and influence for the good!