By: ANDERSON Team
Scottsdale-based ANDERSON Advertising & Public Relations is looking to hire a full-time Account Coordinator to its team.
The Account Coordinator is an entry level account management position in which the individual is responsible for managing and retaining a core group of accounts, ensuring the clients meet the parameters of their contracts, including adherence to scope and completion of work. Account Coordinators are also responsible for assisting (as directed by Account Service Director and Account
Managers) with projects and assigned tasks as they relate to client satisfaction, revenue growth and efficient workflow.
Think you could be the perfect person for the job? As a key member of the team, you’ll put others’ organizational skills to shame and thrive on staying ahead of the game. You’ll need to be able to seamlessly manage day-to-day client operations and will be looked to for your tactical support and account management skills.
You’ll support the Director of Account Services and Account Director with daily operations, organization, preparing reports, agendas, proposals, status documents for all service and client communications, deliverables and needs as a part of your day-to-day. Additional job duties could include ownership and management of smaller project-based clients.
The position will be working every day under the daily guidance of the Director of Account Services as a member of the account service team.
A look at your day-to-day [Responsibilities]
- Support the day-to-day operations for account and client communications
- Work with all departments to integrate all services into client’s marketing plan initiatives
- Manage project timelines, budgets and deliverables
- Develop and maintain a working-level understanding of Client’s business, marketing plans
- Maintain positive client relationships and support client’s business and successes
What you’ll need [Skills & Abilities Requirements]
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- 1+ years of advertising agency client management experience
- Experience working on projects with print, online, broadcast, digital, public relations and non-traditional executions
- Experience supporting marketing budgets and providing account support for billing
- Attention to detail and ability handle multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Problem-solving, implementation, organization, client services, and team building skills
- Be a people-person
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Team player
Let’s Talk Perks!
We’re a collaborative shop, which means that whether you’re a PR pro, a budding graphic artist or a client services aficionado, we work across department lines. Simply put, we share creativity and we love it.
Are you what we’re looking for?
If you meet these qualifications and like working in a fun-loving environment, surrounded by intelligent, creative people who thoroughly enjoy their work, then you’ve found the right place for you. Submit your application right away. Send your resume and salary requirements accompanied by a cover letter telling us why you’re the perfect person for the job: firstname.lastname@example.org.